Applications for the solid waste grant are now open! Several organizations are eligible and can put the funding toward projects such as training, community cleanup, recycling, management plans, and more.
Donor Name: East Texas Council of Governments
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Each year, the Solid Waste Program accepts applications for its annual Municipal Solid Waste grant funds to support regional waste minimization efforts in ETCOG’s fourteen (14) county region.
Local governments and special districts have the opportunity annually to receive grant funds from the East Texas Council of Governments funded by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
Eligible Project Categories
- Local Enforcement
- Projects which contribute to the prevention of illegal dumping.
- Litter and Illegal Dumping Cleanup
- This includes community collection events.
- Source Reduction and Recycling
- Local Solid Waste Management Plans
- Citizen’s Collection Stations and “Small” Registered Transfer Stations
- Household Hazardous Waste Management
- Technical Studies
- Educational and Training Projects.
For more information, visit ETCOG.