The Emerging Philanthropists Fund is an initiative designed by the Community Foundation of Central Illinois (CFCI) to invigorate emerging community leaders to join together as philanthropists.
Donor Name: Community Foundation of Central Illinois
County: Peoria County (IL)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $5,000
Grant Duration: 11 Months
The Emerging Philanthropists is comprised of a cross-section of professionals in central Illinois who have an interest in positively impacting the quality of life in their community through grantmaking. Collectively, Emerging Philanthropists Fund members donate to build the fund, a permanent endowment created for the purpose of addressing community needs through grantmaking.
Evidence-based programs address a significant community need.
- Programs that are unique and identify unmet needs in the community.
- Innovative in nature.
- Collaborative by leveraging resources and cultivating partnerships.
- $5,000 in funding is available for the 2022 grant cycle.
- Can apply for up to $5,000.
- Funds must be used from August 2022 to June 2023.
- Open to all organizations with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code, those that operate under a fiscal agent that is a 501(c)3 organization, and to local units of local, county, state, or federal government.
- The program must occur or serve individuals within CFCI’s service area of a 50-mile radius surrounding Peoria, IL (excluding Knox and McLean Counties).
- Grant funding may support new or existing programs that positively benefit central Illinois.
- The program must be operated and organized in such a manner that no applicable anti-discrimination laws are violated.
- The organization must be current on all final reports for grants from CFCI; if the organization applying has a program currently being funded with a CFCI grant and the final report is not yet due, an interim letter summarizing the progress of the program must be submitted.
For more information, visit 2022 Emerging Philanthropist Grant.