The Maine Community Foundation (MCF) is pleased to announce Leonard and Renee Minsky Fund for Arts Education to support professional artists to work with teachers to bring arts into the classrooms of grades three through five in the public schools of Penobscot and Washington counties.
Donor Name: Maine Community Foundation
Counties: Penobscot County (ME), Washington County (ME)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/15/2022
Grant Size: $1,000
Priority will be given to:
- Proposals where teachers of the three grades work collaboratively to present one arts education unit. Elementary schools with enrollments of 100 or fewer students are encouraged to present one arts education unit for the school.
- Proposals where the arts teachers participates in the design and implementation of the project, if they are available on staff.
- Max Award: $1,000
Types of Funding
This program provides:
- Project grants for new or expanding projects.
To receive a grant:
- The proposal must serve grades three through five in the public schools of Penobscot and Washington counties.
- Teachers must work with professional artists from the visual and/or performing arts, including but not limited to film, video, and other media, theater arts, music, dance, and creative writing to design a program in which teachers and students will learn through participating in the art form with the artist.
- The program that is developed must incorporate the arts in a meaningful way, helping the school meet the Maine Learning Results standards for Visual and/or Performing Arts.
- The professional artist(s) work(s) with all the students in the grade(s) participating in the project.
- Nonprofit, charitable organizations tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and also classified as an organization described in sections 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2)
- Public schools
- Public agencies working for the State of Maine
- Indian tribal governments (or political subdivisions) recognized by the Department of the Interior
- Groups without any tax status may apply with a fiscal sponsor that is an eligible organization.
For more information, visit Maine Community Foundation.