Artadia is now accepting applications for the 2022 Atlanta Awards from all visual artists who have lived and worked within the greater Atlanta area for a minimum of two years.
Donor Name: Artadia
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Award
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 10/01/2022
Grant Size: $10,000
Artadia is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and believes in fostering mutual respect for the diverse beliefs of all individuals and groups.
The Artadia Awards provide financial support, exposure and recognition to artists. The awards are unrestricted, allowing artists to use the funds in any way they choose.
The 23 eligible counties are: Barrow, Bartow, Butts, Carroll, Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Hall, Henry, Morgan, Newton, Paulding, Pickens, Rockdale, Spalding, and Walton. Individual artists and collaboratives working in all visual media and at any stage in their career are strongly encouraged to apply.
Artadia Awards are $10,000 and are unrestricted: The award money can be used however the artist sees fit.
- Applicants must be a contemporary visual artist, making artwork for presentation in a contemporary art context: museum, galleries, arts non-profit, the public art realm, etc. Artadia does not fund filmmakers making films for distribution in cinematic venues, or those working in choreography presented outside of a contemporary art context.
- Applicants must be currently living and working within the city’s eligible counties and resided there for at least two years prior to the application deadline.
- Not currently be enrolled in an art-related degree program, nor be planning to attend an art-related degree program in the coming year.
- Not be related to Artadia staff or directors in any way.
- Have not received an Artadia Award or an award from The Art Council for $5,000 or more in the past.
- If you are enrolled in a long-term artist residency program, please note you are only eligible to apply in the Award city where you permanently reside. Additionally, you must make yourself available to meet with jurors for a 45 minute virtual studio visit should you be chosen as a Finalist.
- Unless applying as a collaborative, you must be the sole conceptual author of the artwork submitted in the application; if there are collaborators that share authorship of submitted work they must be clearly identified and credited.