The North Georgia Community Foundation (NGCF) Community Grants seeks to fund organizations and programs designed to improve the quality of life in North Georgia.
Donor Name: North Georgia Community Foundation
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 08/15/2022
Size of the Grant: up to $25,000
Grant applications from $500 up to $25,000 will be considered.
Types of Community Grants
- Program Grants
- Program Grants are defined as grants funding a specific project or program within an organization. To be considered, applicants will be required to successfully complete the application, including submitting a detailed program budget. If awarded, they will be required to provide NGCF with a final report on the use of the funds.
- Operational Grants
- Operational Grants are defined as unrestricted grant funding available to the organization to use as needed. In order to be considered, applicants will be required to successfully complete the application, including submitting an operating budget. If awarded, they will be required to provide NGCF with a final report on the use of the funds.
- While Operational Grants are defined as unrestricted, they see them as an opportunity to fill in the gap between revenue and expenses. Therefore, operational grant funding may not be used in any of the following ways:
- Eligibility requirements:
- Funding may not be used to support political campaigns or lobbying activities
- While funding may be used to pay reasonable salary expenses, funding may not be used for the individual benefit of an employee (i.e. paying bonuses, supporting pay increases, etc.)
- Grants to capital campaigns are not permitted.
- Eligible organizations must be 501(c)(3) nonprofit in good standing located in North Georgia
- Organizations are also required to be registered with the State of Georgia and provide a current Charitable Solicitation Organization Permit, unless your organization is exempt under C.G.A. § 43-17-9
- Community Grant recipients are still eligible for other NGCF Grants programs in the same year, i.e. Opportunity Grant or separate Fundholder grant cycles hosted by NGCF.
- Community Grant recipients from 2021 CAN APPLY for a 2022 Community Grant.
For more information, visit Community Grants.