Donor Name: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas Foundation
Counties: All Counties except Johnson and Wyandotte
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $2,000
The Foundation recognizes that schools have a unique opportunity to teach students about healthy habits through curriculum and programs that reach them where they spend so much of their time: school. As a young, captive audience, students can be more easily influenced to develop life-long healthy habits and behaviors. The Foundation hopes that curbing childhood obesity and improving mental health now will translate into healthy adults later, saving health care dollars for all Kansans.
The Foundation is seeking programs that will help Kansas youth:
- Reduce their cardiovascular risk,
- Increase their physical activity,
- Learn healthy eating habits, or
- Reinforce positive mental health
- The maximum grant amount is $2,000 and grants are limited to one per school.
- School nurses, physical education teachers, principals, health or family and consumer science teachers, or other administrators are encouraged to apply for funding.
- Schools must be located in the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas Foundation service area, which includes all Kansas counties except Johnson and Wyandotte.
For more information, visit Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas Foundation.